The July 2021 NYMEX natural gas contract settled at $3.617/MMBtu. This has been the highest NYMEX natural gas contract settlement price since January 2019, which was $3.642/MMBtu.
Currently, the 2021 average is $2.885/MMBtu, which is higher than 2019 and 2020 12 month average NYMEX natural gas settlement prices of $2.628/MMBtu and $2.077/MMBtu. Also, we still have August 2021 through December 2021 settlement prices that need to be considered to determine the final 2021 12 month average NYMEX natural gas settlement price.
Below is a snapshot to show you the upward trend in current NYMEX natural gas futures as of the close of yesterday, Monday, June 28, 2021’s trading session:
- August 2021 NYMEX natural gas futures = $3.593/MMBtu
- September 2021 NYMEX natural gas futures = $3.572/MMBtu
- October 2021 NYMEX natural gas futures = $3.576/MMBtu
- November 2021 NYMEX natural gas futures = $3.617/MMBtu
- December 2021 NYMEX natural gas futures = $3.711/MMBtu
- January 2022 NYMEX natural gas futures = $3.778/MMBtu
- February 2022 NYMEX natural gas futures = $3.694/MMBtu
- March 2022 NYMEX natural gas futures = $3.467/MMBtu
Remember, that electricity prices follow natural gas prices. Therefore, we are likely to see electricity prices continue to rise for numerous reasons.
It is imperative that you have a trusted Energy Advisor that can help you navigate the volatility of the natural gas and electricity market. If you would like to look at your future natural gas or electricity supply pricing, please contact our corporate office at 888-370-8898. One of our experienced Energy Consultants will provide you with pricing from a variety of suppliers for various terms and products that would meet your company’s needs.