The May 2021 NYMEX natural gas contract settled at $2.925/MMBtu. So far this year, this is the highest NYMEX natural gas contract settlement price.
As you can see on the chart, there is an upward trend since last year in the NYMEX natural gas contract prices. The 2020 12 month average NYMEX natural gas settlement price was 2.077/MMBtu. As of April 2021, the 2021 12 month average NYMEX natural gas settlement price for 2021 is 2.718/MMBtu.
Below is a snapshot to show you the upward trend in current NYMEX natural gas futures as of the close of Thursday, April 29, 2021’s trading session:
- June 2021 NYMEX natural gas futures = $2.899/MMBtu
- July 2021 NYMEX natural gas futures = $2.947/MMBtu
- August 2021 NYMEX natural gas futures = $2.960/MMBtu
- September 2021 NYMEX natural gas futures = $2.946/MMBtu
- October 2021 NYMEX natural gas futures = $2.961/MMBtu
- November 2021 NYMEX natural gas futures = $3.032/MMBtu
- December 2021 NYMEX natural gas futures = $3.160/MMBtu
- January 2022 NYMEX natural gas futures = $3.239/MMBtu
Remember, that electricity prices follow natural gas prices. Therefore, we are likely to see electricity prices continue to rise.
It is imperative that you have a trusted Energy Advisor that can help you navigate the volatility of the natural gas and electricity market. If you would like to look at your future natural gas or electricity supply pricing, please contact our corporate office at 888-370-8898. One of our experienced Energy Consultants will provide you with pricing from a variety of suppliers for various terms and products that would meet your company’s needs.